Recipe by kymgerberich
Goes will with Chicken Tikka because it shares the same spices.
Top Review by love4culinary
This rice is simple but good. I felt it could have used a tiny bit more flavor, but with the addition of lots of pepper, this was thoroughly enjoyed by yours truly :) I had to use steamed cashews instead of pine nuts as I couldnt get pine nuts at the local grocer... but that wouldnt have made a huge difference. Next time I may add a few strands of saffron for a stronger color :) Thank you for this recipe!
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml ground coriander
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml long-grain rice
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 59.16 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 59.16 ml golden raisins, soaked in boiling water for 1 minute and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan cook the onion with the turmeric and coriander in the melted butter until the onion is softened.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the broth, bring the liquid to a boil and simmer, covered, for 17 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the pine nuts and raisins, add salt and pepper to taste.