Simple Oven-Baked Sea Bass
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sea bass (cleaned and scaled)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar (optional) or 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F°.
- In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Rub fish with oil mixture.
- (Optional) Pour wine over fish.
- Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
- Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
see 5 more questions
The sea bass was amazing. I made this tonight during the big pandemic with frozen filets because that’s all I could find near me. I didn’t have white wine vinegar so I used a champagne vinegar instead and poured it on before applying the rub. It was pronounced by my partner as a restaurant quality meal and one of the best either of us has made this year.
Really, really delicious. I tweaked the recipe just a bit...using only half of the pepper and freshly picked garlic. Also, I poured wine into the dish after the first cooking period as I was adding the parsley. This created a beautiful sauce as the fish juices and wine reduced over the next few minutes....
Scrumdeliocious! My dinner at home felt like a 5 star restaurant. Sea bass is my absolute favorite fish and this recipe rivals some of the best I've ever had. It really was simple, easy and so tasty. I too added white wine to the fish and dish before the rub. I only cooked one fillet, so the amount of seasoning for the rub needed to be adjusted. Fresh parsley for the last 5 minutes and a little lemon at the finish sealed the deal. To complete my carb-free dish, I sautéed fresh spinach and added a half of avacado. I will definitely use the recipe again. For the one reviewer that gave this recipe one star... I don't know what you did, but you couldn't have followed this recipe. This sea bass was splendid! Thanks aMused chef for the recipe!
My new favorite fish recipe. Easy and delicious. I used fresh parsley instead of Italian seasoning, and inexpensive Chardonnay for the wine. Poured the extra liquid over the fish on the serving plate. Served with a Christmas salad with homemade Meyer lemon dressing and fresh sourdough bread- perfect.
Hello from Ukraine! Sorry for my English, but this quick&simple recipe is wonderful! The meat of sea bass, wheach we have just baked with my girl, is very-very tender, non-fat and useful. I used white chardonnay from Chile according to optional recommendations of original recipe. We have just had great dinner! Respect to author of recipe!
see 87 more reviews
see 11 more tweaks