Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Goes will with Chicken Tikka because it shares the same spices.
Make and share this Rice Pilaf With Pine Nuts and Golden Raisins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins, soaked in boiling water for 1 minute and drained
- In heavy saucepan cook the onion with the turmeric and coriander in the melted butter until the onion is softened.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the broth, bring the liquid to a boil and simmer, covered, for 17 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the pine nuts and raisins, add salt and pepper to taste.
This rice is simple but good. I felt it could have used a tiny bit more flavor, but with the addition of lots of pepper, this was thoroughly enjoyed by yours truly :) I had to use steamed cashews instead of pine nuts as I couldnt get pine nuts at the local grocer... but that wouldnt have made a huge difference. Next time I may add a few strands of saffron for a stronger color :) Thank you for this recipe!
An absolute winner!! This is a rice dish I will make again and again. It reminded me of the rice served at Anthonys resaurant here in WA
I really liked this rice and will be making it again. The raisins add a wonderful flavour to it!