Recipe by Annie H
Dinner Rolls! Havn't tried them yet; they are in response to a query. Enjoy!
Top Review by Greywolf0177
These are super yummy, even without the herbs... they also make a quick, easy loaf by pouring all of the batter into a greased loaf pan. I never had any luck with bread until this recipe. Thank you!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package fleischmann fast rising yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, salt and herbs.
- Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (125º to 130º); stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg and remaining 1/2 cup flour to make stiff batter.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased 2 1/2- × 1 1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Cover with wax paper; let rise in warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 400ºF oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from muffin cups; cool on wire rack.