Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls (Yeast Free)
photo by LilMasterChef
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 250°C (425°F).
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powered in large bowl.
- Cut in margarine until mixture looks like oatmeal or small peas.
- Add milk gradually, stirring with a fork. Dough Should come away from sides of bowl.
- Knead 3-4 times and then roll into a rectangle (1cm thick) on lightly floured counter.
- Smear margarine over dough coating it not to thick but not to thin.
- Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon on top.
- Sprinkle desired amount of brown sugar on top.
- Sprinkle desired amount of raisins.
- Roll up like a jelly roll, starting from the long edge.
- Slice into 1-inch slices and place cut side down in a grease muffin tin.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these using a GF flour mix. I had to add an egg, but overall they were pretty good! Here are my measurement conversions: 2 c. flour 4 t. baking powder 1/8 c. sugar 4 T. butter 1 c. milk 1 1/2 T Xanthan Gum I also added a topping: 1 c. powdered sugar 1 T. milk 1/2 t. vanilla I'm still working this recipe out, but it is a great base to start with! Thanks!
apparently some people don't know how to convert so here's the recipe simplified...<br/><br/>2 cups flour<br/>4 tsp baking powder<br/>6 tsp sugar<br/>1 tsp salt<br/>3 tbsp 1 tsp margarine<br/>a little under a cup of milk<br/><br/>i used substituted vegan ingredients where needed. these were good to satisfy my morning craving quickly but they aren't very gooey and hearty. it's more of a cinnamon biscuit, but still delicious. :)
Very Nice Indeed :) The dough was easy to put together and baked up nice and tender. For the filling I used 3 tbsp homemade brown sugar (#65271), 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 raisins (which were soaked in hot water for a few minutes than squeezed) and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts. I ended up with 12 - 1" slices, and baked in a buttered 9 x 13 pan for 20 minutes. I'm going to freeze half of it for later. I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks Jessica for a very nice recipe. I'll be making this again.