Recipe by Rita~
It's the end of the week and you have leftover Mashed potatoes and leftover rice! Combine them into these tasty treats.Made in the oven with just a touch of olive oil spray to keep the fat down. I didn't add any seasonings because the mashed potatoes and rice was well seasoned along with using seasoned bread crumbs. But do add some if your left overs were bland. This will work with any mashed potato form russets, sweet potato, to red potatoes and try leftover arborio, jasmine, basmati to brown rice. This makes a great side or make mini ones for appetizers.
Top Review by Nif
These little morsels were easy to make and there are lots of possibilities for options with seasoning, cheese, etc. I used brown rice for these. So easy! I actually got 28 good-sized rice balls. We really enjoyed these with Recipe #455564. Made for ZWT7. Thanks Rita~! :)
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes, well seasoned
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 1 cup peas (frozen, fresh not canned)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil, spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients with clean hands. Form into balls and roll in bread crumbs pressing in to coat the balls.
- Place on a olive oil spayed cookie sheet pan. Lightly spray the tops of the balls.
- Place in oven and bake 10 minutes. Flip and bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove and enjoy as is or drizzle olive oil over them, or dip in to your favorite tomato sauce.