Cheesy Rice Balls
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons great value extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooked and cooled arborio rice or 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 small mozzarella cheese, cubed each 3/4-inch
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with oil. Spread bread crumbs on a plate and set aside.
- Stir rice with egg, parmesan and salt in a medium bowl. Gather 1/3 cup of rice mixture and form into a ball using wet hands. Tuck a mozzarella cube into the centre, then reshape into a ball.
- Roll each ball through bread crumbs, just enough to lightly coat. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and roll in oil to coat. Repeat with remaining rice, bread crumbs and oil. There will be 6 balls. Bake in centre of oven until golden, about 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Additional back-to-school snack recipes can be found at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!