1/1 Photo of Pork Pot Pie
1 hr 20 mins
For those Red meat lovers in my life! Feel free to substitute beef steak for the meat or butternut squash for a sweet potato! I love this because it is relatively inexpensive and very easy to be super creative with flavors!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shortening or 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1PIE CRUST: Makes one set top/bottom.
- 2Mix together white wheat flour, salt, and sugar.
- 3Cut shortening or butter into flour. I like to leave pretty good size chunks of shortening or butter to make the pie crust more flaky.
- 4Add ICE COLD water a Tbsp at a time until flour/shortening pieces stick together and are ballable. ** I always add a different amount of water when doing pie crust. At most you may use a 1/4 C of water and at least you may use 1/8°C I think it depends on the moisture in the flour/sugar/salt/air as to how much you would add.**.
- 5Split ball into half and roll out bottom and top of pie crust to a 1/2 centimeter thickness.
- 6FILLING: Fills 2 pie crusts
- 7Flour pork chops and cook in frying pan on med-low heat with butter. Take out, cube, and set aside.
- 8Cube sweet potatoes, onion, red pepper, Fresno pepper and spices into frying pan with chicken broth. Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minute
- 9Put an equal ratio of flour and butter together in a small cup (usually one tbsp to one tbsp is enough) mix into broth and veggies. This will thicken the broth to make it more like a gravy. You can use several different techniques to thicken broth.
- 10Add cubed pork and sour cream to frying pan.
- 11Simmer for a few min, then pour into pie crust. Cover with 2nd layer of crust. Bake for 50 min at 375.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2509.1
- Calories from Fat 1495
- Total Fat 166.1 g
- Saturated Fat 52.0 g
- Cholesterol 336.8 mg
- Sodium 473.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.6 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 108.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: