Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009, & since I really enjoy fruity chicken breasts . . . Preparation time does not include time needed to cook either the chicken breasts or the brown rice!
Top Review by JulieInTheKitchen
Made this for dinner tonight with one alteration - used 1/4cu honey in place of the brown sugar. It came out great and got the husband seal of approval as well. I didn't try it but I can see a little red pepper blending well in this if you like some kick.
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, large, cooked & cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 -5 cups brown rice, cooked, hot
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine BBQ sauce, OJ, brown sugar, canola oil, flour & salt, mixing until smooth.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, then reduce heat & simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts & ginger, then cover & simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over hot rice.