Chicken Carrot Pilaf
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- In a large skillet, brown chicken strips in butter until no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from heat but keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add rice, carrots, onion, and red bell pepper, cooking and stirring, until rice is browned and onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; place chicken strips over rice mixture.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, Papa Syd this was so good. I was right, my dh loved this dish, I just didn't realize how much I would enjoy this tasty rice dish also. It was so good, really quick and easy to throw together. It had excellent flavor and the texture of the rice, chicken and vegetables was perfect. I will certainly be making this again. I didn't have any fresh parsley but did use dried, next time I will make sure to have fresh on hand. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe. :)