BBQ Pineapple Baked Chicken
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken.
- Spray with non stick oil in a 9x13 inch baking casserole dish.
- Place chickens side by side, pressing firmly to get all of chicken into dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper lightly over both chickens.
- Open can of pineapple chunks and drain off juice add juice to chicken for moisture while cooking along with 2 cups of water. Set pineapple aside for later.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Now add BBQ sauce, spreading evenly with brush. Cook for 8-10 minutes repeat.
- Add remaining BBQ sauce to top of chickens and top it off with your remaining pineapple.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. Check to see if done and if not, bake another 30-45 minutes.
- This is great with stewed red skinned potatoes and baby sweet peas and strawberry short cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUMMO!!!!! The best ever!! I loved how the pineapple juices soaked into the chicken which made it so moist and tender! I did use chicken breast instead which only took about 45 minutes and I used pineapple slices. I ate two servings cause it was so good!! Thanks so much, this is a big favorite now!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
ALL THE PICTURES YOU SEE NEXT TO MY RECIPES ARE OF THE ORIGINAL DISH, COOKED BY ME. HELLO, I AM RETIRED,I LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON NEW RECIPES, PREFER QUICK AND EASY...MY FAVORITE DINNER TO PREPARE FOR GUEST IS "STEAK FINGERS"...THEY COOK UP FAST AND EASY, THEY ARE ALWAYS A HIT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. AND SINCE THEY ARE EATING STEAK IT MAKES FOR A MEAL WITH A TOUCH OF CLASS AND A TREAT TO ALL. LOOK FOR IT IN MY COOKBOOK. I AM MARRIED TO A WONDERFUL MAN AND HAVE ONE SON AND 3 GRANDCHILDREN.I LOVE THE FAMILY LIFE, WE BOTH ARE NATURE LOVERS AND LOVE TO EAT!..SEND ME SOME RECIPES ...CHEF DEEdee