Pineapple Baked Chicken
photo by Chef PotPie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or boneless, skinless thighs)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Mix together pineapple, brown sugar, lime juice, mustard and soy sauce. Pour evenly over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It has potential. I admit to tweaking it! I left ALL the sugar out! Added and extra spoon of Soya sauce, and a extra teaspoon of dry mustard powder, half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. The flavor was great but it was a soup! Maybe drain pineapple next time and add a thickener like maizena or corn flour. It was a bit hot so would put less red pepper next time.
see 10 more reviews
The whole family liked this recipe, even the picky daughter! I used fresh pineapple I had on hand that I didn't want to go to waste, whirled in the food processor so it was like crushed. Next time I will use lemon juice instead of lime, (just personal taste), and add a little cornstarch to the sauce before baking just to thicken it a bit. The sauce was fabulous with rice!