Strawberry and Orange Chicken Salad
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 2 cups lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup fresh strawberries, fresh
- 1 navel orange, peeled, cut into segments
- 1⁄4 cup syrup (for pancakes, strawberry-flavored)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
- Divide spinach & lettuce between 2 salad plates, then arrange the chicken, strawberries & oranges on the lettuce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the syrup & vinegar, then drizzle it over the salads, before topping with the nuts, if used.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Absolutely going to be a regular for me. As previous I also added Avocado and small amount of feta cheese. I also used maple syrup with some strawberry essence. I oven baked crusty coated chicken (no fat) which was perfect for this recipe. I will be trying various fruits for this depending on season.
This is quick easy and so refreshing for a hot summers day. I just bought a BBQ chook from the store and pulled the meat off. I also added some goats cheese balls and avocado to the salad apart from that I followed everything else as written . It was so delicious and was thoroughly enjoyed by myself and son. We love our salads and this was a perfect one for us. Cheers Sydney for a very light and delicious salad. :)