This recipe was found in the Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009, & since I really enjoy fruity chicken breasts . . . Preparation time does not include time needed to cook either the chicken breasts or the brown rice!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, large, cooked & cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 -5 cups brown rice, cooked, hot
- In a large saucepan, combine BBQ sauce, OJ, brown sugar, canola oil, flour & salt, mixing until smooth.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, then reduce heat & simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts & ginger, then cover & simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over hot rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was a great weekday-dinner!<br/>I used homemade barbecue sauce (with apple and star anise) and fresh pineapple.<br/>The chicken was fanstastic tender and the sauce delicious. The crunchy water chestnuts gave a nice texture. We enjoyed this very much with a wildrice mix and Recipe #457785 #457785.
This was great. 5 stars all the way for taste and ease of making. I made as directed with a "sweet" type bbq sauce, but think the recipe would work well with a "carolina" type tomato/vinegar based sauce also. Only thing I added was a handful of shredded carrots for some extra veggies. Green pepper would be wonderful in this also. Also think this would be good with pork. So easy to do and dinner was done in no time flat. I steamed my chicken with my rice in the rice cooker, then put it all together. So dinner was done in less than 30, a real treat for a busy working mom... Thanks Syd for posting such a great recipe.