This recipe was found in the 2001 As You Like It Cookbook. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the finished mixture to freeze.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cranberries, thawed if frozen (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups orange juice
- Place all the ingredients EXCEPT 2 cups of the orange juice in a blender & blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat & bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add remaining 2 cups of orange juice & mix well.
- Pour mixture into a flat plastic 2-quart container & place in the freezer.
- When mixture is completely frozen, cut it with a sharp, sturdy knife into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place cubes in a food processor & process until completely pulverized, then serve immediately or place in a plastic container & return to the freezer until ready to use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! I halved the recipe but otherwise, only changed the final two steps. Instead of waiting until completely frozen and then blending again, I used a fork to scrape through it a couple times during the freezing process. This probably affected the texture a little, making it more like a granita than a sorbet, but I didn't mind that so much. The taste was still excellent! Thanks Syd :) [Made for PAC Spring 2011]Reply
see 3 more