Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
What an incredibly deliscious meal- and amazing presentation. Have fun making it - change it up to suit your taste buds... Invest in a Paella pan for this dish or use a large oven safe dish.
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 mussels (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 ham steak
- 2 chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch saffron, infused into
- 1⁄4 cup hot chicken broth
- 1 yellow pepper, chunked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (19 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cooked lobster, cut into bite size pieces (or 1 cup mock lobster chunked)
- 12 cooked shrimp, shelled
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring white wine to a boil.
- add cleaned mussels - cook until shells open - approximately 3 minutes.
- remove mussels form broth and set aside- discard broth.
- In a frying pan heat 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- fry chicken legs until golden brown - set aside.
- Fry the sausage until done and brown the ham steak - cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil. Melt onion but do not color.
- add garlic and rice. Coat well with oil.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish (unless using a paella pan).
- Mix in infused saffron, pepper dices, peas and tomatoes, sausage, ham chunks, thyme, bay leaves and parsley.
- partially burry the chicken in the mix (shown in picture).
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mix in lobster, shrimp.
- place mussels around mixture and return to the oven for 10 - 12 minutes to warm the seafood.