Recipe by Sharon123
Here's a fun breakfast you can make. Pancakes, poured into muffin cups, baked and filled with strawberry sauce or your favorite topping. Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen. Other toppings may include your favorite jam, cream cheese and honey, nutella, maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh fruit, etc.
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non dairy)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour (can sub 1/3 cup of the flour with whole wheat flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs strawberries, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or almond extract)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Blend first six ingredients (milk through orange zest) in a blender. Be careful to see that any flour clumps get well-blended.
- Blend in butter a little at a time in order to temper the eggs.
- Grease muffin tins well and distribute batter evenly between 18-24 tins. Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top.
- Served with your favorite toppings.
- Strawberry Sauce:.
- In a large sauce pan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and extract. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes so it is just warm. Place 1 1/2 cups of the mixture from the sauce pan in a blender. This is where you need to be careful. Don’t put the lid on the top all the way. Leave it cracked or the steam from the strawberries could cause an explosion. If you have an immersion blender, feel free to use that and no chance of an explosion. Blend until smooth and stir back into the remaining strawberry mixture in the pan.
- Serve over the mini pancakes and enjoy!