Potato Pancakes - German Style
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Keep potatoes covered with cold water until ready to grate in the food processor.
- Fit the medium shredding blade into food processor and shred potatoes and onion.
- Dry potatoes and onion between sheets of paper towel.
- In a large bowl combine potato mixture with eggs, flour, baking powder, parsley and salt. In a large skillet heat 1/8 inch vegetable oil until hot. Pour in 1/3 cup potato mixture, flattening with the back of a wooden spoon, and fry until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per s ide. Drain on paper towel and keep warm in a 100 degree oven.
- Serve with applesauce. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Join The Conversation
These are awesome!! Make them gourmet by adding these in layers to each after being fried. 1. Dallop of sour cream (spread),2. Tablespoon of applewood smoked bacon (crumbled),3. Top with cheddar cheese and broil until cheese is melted in uniform. Serve with dabs of Frank's hot sauce if desired. Delicious!!!