Individual Peach Cobbler Cups
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 per pkg)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed or 2 cups sliced fresh peaches, well drained
- 2 tablespoons water (only if using frozen peaches)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unfold pie crust onto lightly floured surface.
- Cut (4) 4 1/2" circles from each crust.
- Cut the scraps into strips or small uneven shapes.
- Place 1 pastry round in the center of a muffin tin and gently press the round down to fit the pan (dough will stick up around the edges).
- Repeat with remaining 7 round circles.
- Coarsely chop peaches and place them in a medium saucepan (with 2 tablespoons of water if they are frozen) or on their own if they are fresh.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often, then simmer on low for about 5 to 7 minutes, then drain.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with the flour and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir into peaches.
- Spoon 1/4 cup peach mixture into each pastry lined cup and place 3 to 4 strips of dough over the top of each.
- Press the edges of the dough inward toward the fruit.
- Place cold bits of butter evenly on top of the pastry strips and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges of each cobbler and lift them up from the bottoms with your knife.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.