Snappy Apple Pie
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 cups tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 -2 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Thaw crust as directed on package.
- Place each crust on a foil-lined baking sheet. (I use the nonstick aluminum foil).
- Combine the apples, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice in large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spoon 1/2 of the apple mixture on each pie crust up to 2 inches of edges.
- Fold 2-inch edge of crust over apples, pleating or folding crust as needed.
- Combine 1 t sugar and 1 t cinnamon.
- Brush crust with half-and-half.
- Sprinkle edges of crust evenly with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Note: Those new cinnamon-sugar grinders, made by McCormick, work great for sprinkling sugar on the pie crust edges.
- Bake each pie for 20 minutes or until appels are tender.
- Cover crust with foil to avoid excessive browning of crust.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!