9 hrs 20 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
Put this in the slow cooker in the AM and it is ready for you and your company in the PM. The feta cheese will give you a salty taste while the goat cheese is more like cream cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin or 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- hot cooked rigatoni pasta or rice
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1Toss pork cubes with flour, cinnamon and thyme.
- 2Place in 4-quart slow cooker with onions.
- 3In medium bowl, stir together broth, wine, honey and vinegar.
- 4Pour over pork; cover and cook on low heat setting for 9-10 hours, until very tender.
- 5Serve portions in shallow soup plates over pasta or rice, garnish with goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 531.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions