9 hrs 20 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
Put this in the slow cooker in the AM and it is ready for you and your company in the PM. The feta cheese will give you a salty taste while the goat cheese is more like cream cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin or 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- hot cooked rigatoni pasta or rice
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1Toss pork cubes with flour, cinnamon and thyme.
- 2Place in 4-quart slow cooker with onions.
- 3In medium bowl, stir together broth, wine, honey and vinegar.
- 4Pour over pork; cover and cook on low heat setting for 9-10 hours, until very tender.
- 5Serve portions in shallow soup plates over pasta or rice, garnish with goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Pork Stew
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 531.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions