Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Put this in the slow cooker in the AM and it is ready for you and your company in the PM. The feta cheese will give you a salty taste while the goat cheese is more like cream cream.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin or 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- hot cooked rigatoni pasta or rice
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or 4 ounces goat cheese
- Toss pork cubes with flour, cinnamon and thyme.
- Place in 4-quart slow cooker with onions.
- In medium bowl, stir together broth, wine, honey and vinegar.
- Pour over pork; cover and cook on low heat setting for 9-10 hours, until very tender.
- Serve portions in shallow soup plates over pasta or rice, garnish with goat cheese.
I agree, this is very tender! I couldn't stop eating it! Very good and will be put o nthe regular rotation. Made for ZWT6, Redhot Renegades.
The pork is so tender and the spices do not over rule the stew. I served over brown rice with a sprinkling of feta cheese on top. Thank you for a differently deliciously stew. An added bonus, this is a crockpot recipe.