Recipe by Charlotte J
Put this in the slow cooker in the AM and it is ready for you and your company in the PM. The feta cheese will give you a salty taste while the goat cheese is more like cream cream.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin or 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- hot cooked rigatoni pasta or rice
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or 4 ounces goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss pork cubes with flour, cinnamon and thyme.
- Place in 4-quart slow cooker with onions.
- In medium bowl, stir together broth, wine, honey and vinegar.
- Pour over pork; cover and cook on low heat setting for 9-10 hours, until very tender.
- Serve portions in shallow soup plates over pasta or rice, garnish with goat cheese.