Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Luscious cake-like muffins with limited guilt!
Make and share this Low Fat Chocolate Zucchini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup prune baby food (puree)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Grease muffin tins or line with baking cups (I use silicone re-usable ones).
- Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, eggs, milk in small bowl until blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in choc chips and shredded zucchini. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling "a generous half" full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for five minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack. Store tightly covered at room temperature.