Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Luscious cake-like muffins with limited guilt!
Make and share this Low Fat Chocolate Zucchini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup prune baby food (puree)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Grease muffin tins or line with baking cups (I use silicone re-usable ones).
- Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, eggs, milk in small bowl until blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in choc chips and shredded zucchini. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling "a generous half" full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for five minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
It was an interesting reciepe because when I mixed all the ingredients together it smell awful. The muffins cooked oddly also, they were batery in the centers. When they were finished baking they weren't as good as I hoped they would be. I would get rid of the baby food and spelnda. Try harder...