Low-Fat Sugar-Free Zucchini Bread/Muffins
Low fat and sugar free.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Equal sugar substitute or 2 cups Splenda granular
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Then mix other ingredients in smaller bowl.
- Gently mix other ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moist. (Mix gently, and only until mixed; otherwise the muffins will be tough and dry).
- Spoon into cupcake liners in pan.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes at 400°F degrees.
- (Or pour into 3 loaf pans or 2 if you want larger loaves and bake at 350°F for about 60 minutes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was absolutely delicious!! I made a couple small changes, some for preference others for lack of enough ingredient,..didn't have too much apple sauce and all I had was "lite" so I used 4oz (1/2 cp) apple sauce, and added about a teaspoon of oil to makeup for it to the existing oil. I swapped two of the cups of flour for whole wheat, and also peeled one of three small zucchini before breading, although I don't know that it made any difference. I prefer loaves so I used a large loaf pan (the whole batter) and baked for 40 minutes. It was better to me than the regular with all that sugar! Thanks so much for posting, my husband will love this.Reply
This made 4 mini loafs in the Pampered Chefs stoneware pan and was finished baking in 40 minutes. The loaves comes out a very dense and delicious. I can't taste very well due to a cold. But I like this recipe because of the Splenda and zucchini which are both good for my DD with Type 1 diabetes. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC Tag 2009* game1Reply