Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
This is my adaptation/combination of several different zucchini muffin recipes. It's flexible and invites substitutions - yellow squash for the zucchini, different proportions of white and whole wheat flour, stir in walnuts instead of the chocolate chips, etc. etc. Make it your own!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄8 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk, 1%
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Stir together whole wheat flour, white flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ground flax.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, oil, and sugar.
- Add the eggs and soured milk to the creamed butter/sugar mixture.
- Fold liquid ingredients into the flour mixture.
- When flour mixture is becoming moistened, fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven. Let cool briefly in pan, then remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely. These freeze wonderfully, just pack into a sealable plastic bag when room temperature and place in freezer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Liked the fact that this muffin recipe didn't have too much sugar in it. Made this for my nephew who is a chocoholic, but doesn't need all the sugar. In fact, made this with sugar free chocolate chips. He thought these were excellent! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Jessi. Made for PAC Fall 2009.Reply