Lower Fat Chocolate Zucchini Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I haven't tried this but I am all for lower fat recipes!
- Ready In:
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine and beat egg whites, applesauce, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients and add to wet mixture and mix very well.
- Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 pan or into 2 sprayed loaf pans.
- Bake 9 x 13 for about 35 minutes in preheated oven until done, or 2 loaves about an hour.
- Sift powdered sugar over, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION