- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion (small dice)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 prawns
- 2 ounces squid rings (or Sword Fish)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cod
- 5 mussels, cooked, shell on
- 1⁄2 ounce baby clams
- 1⁄2 ounce baby shrimp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (whole)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil (whole)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme (whole)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces heavy cream or 2 ounces tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- 4 ounces linguine, Cooked
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic, chillies and onions, saute until softened, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the prawns, mussels and squid, saute 2 minutes and then add remaining seafood.
- Saute 1 minute and add herbs and wine.
- Bring wine to rolling simmer and add cream or tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, heat to a simmer, add parsley and desired amount of Hot cooked linguine.
- Toss to coat pasta well. Serve immediately.
the recipe for the sauce was excellent, though i used different types of shellfish. on the whole, i think that you can use other types of shellfish that is the most available to you.
I made this for my family. We loved it. I used Baby clams, Large Shrimp, and Mussels. I didn't feel to add the Sword Fish,Cod, or Squid rings. Some of these ingredients are not available all the time.I used a little more Garlic. Instead of Prawns and Baby Shrimp, I just used large Shrimp. I also used some crushed tomatoes as well as Heavy Cream. Next time I will add the Cod or Sword Fish if its available. Great dish! Thanks Hellen Peagram.
Delicious. I added can stewed tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce and used only shrimp, mussels and clams. One of my family favorites.