Chiarello's Cauliflower Alla Parmigiana
photo by Progresso Recipe St
- Ready In:
8 3/4-cup servings
- 1 cauliflower, separated into large florets (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Progresso® lemon pepper panko crispy bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 425°F Butter a 10x8-inch oval baking dish or a dish of equivalent size.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower, and boil until slightly softened but still retaining some crispness, about 3 minutes. Drain well, and then slice them lengthwise so the stems are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange the slices, overlapping them tightly, in the prepared baking dish. Season with salt and several grinds of black pepper; dot with thin slices of the butter. Sprinkle with the cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered until lightly browned on top, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Copyright 2010 Michael Chiarello. Recipe provided by Chef Michael Chiarello – June 2010.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!