Linguine Alla Vongole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped clams, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt
- cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in saucepan and simmer on low for about 2 minutes. Add butter. When butter is melted, add garlic and let simmer for another 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly, but do not allow to boil, because clams will get tough. Serve over hot linguine with freshly ground black pepper. I also like a little grated parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!
Join The Conversation
This was delicious, and super easy. The only problem I had was finding such a large can of chopped clams. I can only seem to locate 6 oz. cans, so I used 2 10-oz. cans of baby clams and 1 6 oz. can of chopped clams, with all their liquid. It turned out perfectly. We enjoyed this over whole wheat linguine (to minimize the guilt). I will be making this again. Made for Pick A Chef Fall 2009.
I can see why this is a favorite of yours. My only regret with this is that I forgot the crusty bread. I wished I had that to dunk in the broth. I scaled back the recipe to serve one, with some leftovers, of course. I highly recommend this dish to anyone. Thanks Irishcolleen for posting such a fabulous recipe.