Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I made this recipe while trying to figure out what to do with leftover holiday turkey. Very delicious! Prep time includes time to marinate.
- 1⁄2 lb turkey meat, white and dark meat shredded
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon gold tequila
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- Combine turkey, tequila, lime juice, onion, garlic and 1 tbsp oil in a medium bowl.
- Add salt, garlic and onion powder, black and red pepper, cumin, and chili powder to turkey mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for no more than 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and let heat in 300 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Add turkey mixture to skillet and cook until onions are soft and mixture is thoroughly heated through(about 10 minutes).
- Remove tortillas from the oven and sprinkle pepper-jack cheese down the middle of each tortilla.
- Add hot turkey filling on top of cheese, wrap, and serve!
This really was delicious! I didn't use tequila either and don't think the flavor suffered at all. I topped these with some sour cream.
This was great and we all just loved it - so quick and easy! The only thing that I didn't use was the tequila (don't keep it in the house) and they were great anyway. Will definitely keep this on the menu list as it's a nice change from regular taco meat. Thanks for posting this Cynna. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.