- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons bottled salsa ((I use more!))
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup pre-shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add ground turkey breast and cook mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in the water and the next 5 ingredients (water through chiles).
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Warm flour tortillas by placing on a heated nonstick skillet for 10-15 seconds per side.
- Spoon 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with 1/2 cup turkey mixture, roll up.
- I use a quite a bit more salsa when preparing, and also added salt and pepper.
- I also serve these with salsa and sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I'm a mom to a four and a half year old boy and I work full time. Recently divorced...I don't have the time or money I used to have to plan and cook meals. But I still love to eat! I generally eat very healthy food, but sometimes indulge in old fashioned comfort food...as my recipe collection attests to. <br> <br>Hope you like my recipes!