Easy Creamy Chicken With Mushrooms and Onions
photo by MommyMakes
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 6 -7 medium mushrooms, cut into chunky slices
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup single cream (half and half)
- 1 tablespoon flour, mixed with a little water into a paste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (optional) or 1/4 cup basil, chopped finely (optional)
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and add chicken, fry over medium heat until the chicken is sealed.
- Add onions and continue to fry until they are starting to become transparent.
- Add mushrooms and fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Mix in the flour paste and bring to a boil, simmer till sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in the cream and herbs (if using) and serve imidiately over pasta, rice or potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this tonight! I used regular chicken breasts and just boned and removed the skin. It was a quick, and delicious dish. I added some garlic along with the mushrooms and onions and a little green onion. I seasoned it a little more, but it is a good "base" recipe and was good for a work night dinner. I also used the browned butter noodles, and it was a great combination. DH said with a little marsala wine it would be a good chicken marsala. BTW I only used skimmed milk and it was still very tasty!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm 31 and cooking and living in England. I was born in Germany and that's where I grew up and lived until I came to the UK to go to University in 1998. I never went back to live in Germany, even though all my family is still there.