Chicken, Mushroom and Cheese Quesadillas
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine ground cumin, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan, and sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Sprinkle each tortilla with about 1/3 cup cheese.
- Arrange 1/2 cup mushroom mixture over one-half of each tortilla.
- Arrange chicken evenly over mushroom mixture.
- Carefully fold each tortilla in half. Add 2 quesadillas to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts.
- Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation