Chicken, Mushroom And Artichoke Casserole
photo by Janni402
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
- Place chicken in casserole.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to same skillet and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add chicken broth and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Top chicken with drained artichoke hearts and pour mushroom mixture over.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I complete deconstructed this recipe. I saute the chicken separately and I like NurseJaney's idea to use rotisserie chicken. Then in a deep saute or stock pot I follow along with preparing the mushrooms, garlic, butter, adding the flour, then broth, but then I add the drained artichokes to this and add more thickener as necessary until I have almost a gravy consistency to ladel over the chicken or a little less thick to have with rice. I think this began when I didn't want to heat the oven. In all, it is great flavors and thank you for the recipe.
May/2011 Made again with left-over rotisserie chicken. Followed the instructions -- was too much broth for the amount of chicken -- a tad soupy, but that was my fault. We really enjoy the combo flavors of chicken with 'shrooms and artichokes.<br/><br/>Really nice dish. I left the boneless/skinless breasts whole, and prepared according to the recipe. Mixed the marinade liquid from the artichokes with the chicken broth to equal approximately 1 cup. Using Costco chicken pieces, knew they would remain moist and tender. Thanks for posting, Marie