Roasted Asparagus, Mushrooms and Onions
photo by justcallmetoni
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Line two 15 1/2x10 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- Gently toss all ingredients in a large bowl until vegetables are coated with oil.
- Spread evenly on baking sheets.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes stirring once until vegetables are slightly charred and tender.
- If preparing the asparagus and onion ahead, store them in a plastic bag large enough to accommodate the rest of the ingredients so you won't have to dirty a bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My primary critique of this recipe is there is no way it will feed 12 people, not if at least one enjoys asparagus or roasted vegetables as much as I do. :) I scaled this down to 4 servings and reduced the oil in half. The results were superb - crispy blades of asparagus with perfectly cooked onions and cremini mushrooms. Considered adding some balsamic to the completed dish but really found the flavors stood on their own without any additions. Thanks for a great combination and cooking technique.
see 2 more reviews
I made as directed once. Too much. I halved the recipe then added for that herbal seasoning punch my family felt this recipe was missing: 3 large cloves of fresh garlic, minced or 1 Tbsp bottled. 1.5 tsp fine garlic powder for even coating. A pinch of parsley, chives, rosemary and thyme. Whisked in a measuring cup with olive oil. Left to sit for 15 minutes so the flavors melded. (At this time I prepared the veggies.) Poured over the veggies in a bowl, tossing throughly to coat. Time and temperature were spot on.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"