Creamed spinach with mushrooms and onions
Great as a side dish or wonderful in omelettes
- Ready In:
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed) or 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic or 2 cloves fresh diced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper
- If using fresh spinach, unbundle and soak in a sink full of cold water.
- Swish around and drain water out of the sink.
- This is to remove sand and grit.
- Chop coarsely when ready to cook.
- Drain spinach and steam on medium heat in large pan.
- Meanwhile saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil on med-high heat.
- When spinach is tender, drain all remaining water (if any water remains the dish will be too watery) and add mushroom/onions.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Add more sour cream if you wish-- this is up to the cook.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful. I used fresh baby spinach because I don't like slimy frozen spinach. I streamlined this by cooking the onions and mushrooms and the adding the fresh uncooked spinach at the end....... cooking it just enough to wilt it. I actually wouldn't recommend frozen spinach or precooking for this recipe. After adding just 1 tbsp of sour cream, I decided that was all that was needed. It was delicious. Thanx!1Reply
see 11 more