Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (September/October 1999)
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb Polish sausage, fully cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat sausage for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in onion and peppers; Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and sausage is lightly browned.
- Drain off liquid in pan.
- Stir in brown sugar, steak sauce, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce; Add beans.
- Continue to cook and stir until heated through.
Very tasty, easy dish. Thank you!
Very good! I used turkey kielbasa to cut back on the fat content. Easy, quick week night meal. I'm adding this to my collection. Thanks!
very good dish, I made it over rice. I did not add the beans and I used regular vinegar, though after tasting this dish, I am sure it would make it even better. Will cook again and add it to my regular meals.