Fun Caramel Apple Cupcakes
This recipe is from Quick Cooking - September/October 2001. I use the paper liners for the jumbo muffin pans because it makes for easier transporting of the cupcakes. They seem to stay fresher, too. These are great for a bake sale or even for a Halloween party.
- Ready In:
- 1 package spice cake mix or 1 package carrot cake mix
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 20 caramels (unwrapped)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups (Texas-size) three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, melt the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth.
- Cool for a little bit so when you ice the cupcakes the caramel won't drip down the sides.
- Spread caramel over cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
These were beautiful and delicious! The popsicle stick really made them cute and looking just like a caramel apple. My only complaint was with the caramel topping. It did melt and get soaked up by the cupcake after a while. So it's best to serve these right away and store any leftovers in the fridge.