Recipe by Debra Weiner
A pilaf-like side dish, or good by itself.
Top Review by Ilysse
Very good. Next time I think I'll use beef broth but other wise its great. Kids loved it and it doubled well. I left out the oil and cooked the mushrooms and onion in a little bit of broth (to stay true to my diet). Will make again.
- 1 cup dried kasha
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a dutch oven pot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and onions and saute until carmelized.
- Beat one egg in a bowl, add dried kasha and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a small skillet and add kasha/egg mixture.
- Stir until kasha kernels are seperated.
- Once seperated, add kasha to onion/mushroom mix with two cups of water and one boullion cube.
- Cover for about 10 mins and turn of heat.