Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from Aebleskivers and More - a Sampling of Danish Recipes by Lisa Steen Riggs.
- 1 large onion, roughly diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 medium potatoes, pared and boiled
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 dash pepper
- Boil the onion in a small amount of water; add butter, salt, sugar, and vinegar and cook until the onion is tender.
- Slice the potatoes and add to the onion mixture. Warm mixture slowly; stir gently, being careful not to break the potatoes.
- Add the cream and pepper.
- Serve hot.
This came out great and I really loved the flavour that the boiled onion added. I was using a fairly light cream so tossed through the potato before serving rather pouring over the top which worked really well.
Very yummy hot potato salad. I love the cream at the end. This went well with our Scandinavian dinner for ZWT3. Photo to come. (:
A very good potato salad that was a big hit with my guests. I used 1 tbs of butter and light half and half to go with our low fat way of eating. It didn't hurt a thing, this dish was excellent! Reviewed for ZWT3