Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
So Simple So Deeelisious!! as a side with any thing. (from Canadian living mag.)
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss the cucumber with the salt; let stand for 15 minutes; drain.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, sesame oil,garlic,hot pepper flakes and cayenne pepper.
- Toss to combine.
Phenomenal flavor and simplicity. I haven't read all of the reviews and perhaps someone else mentioned this. I recommend making this right before you plan to eat it. I made a double batch and had a little left over. When I tried it this afternoon, it had gotten quite soggy and lost that excellent crispiness it had last night. This is an exquisite recipe and I'm so glad I found it! Thanks so much, Derf. YUM! :D
I liked this quick and easy Kimchi.I also used fresh zucchini when I ran out of cucumber.GOOD.
These are delicious! Since discovering this little gem of a recipe, I have had to make them every day for DH (who, ahem, does not like Kimchi Pickle!) Thanks for posting.