Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
this makes a fantastic appetizer!! lots of taste. adapted from Canadian Living mag. (1999)
- Ready In:
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb smoked sausage
- 2 lbs extra large raw shrimp
- In a large saucepan, bring 12 cups water, cloves bay leaves, cinnamon, mustard and celery and coriander seeds, black peppercorns, paprika and hot pepper flakes to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If using smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces.
- Add smoked or Italian sausage to pot; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using scissors, cut through shell along back of each shrimp; remove vein.
- Scatter over pan; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Drain mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Cut italian sausage into bite size slices; arrange sausage around edge of platter.
- Mound shrimp in centre.
- Drizzle with reserved liquid.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION