Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These pancakes are very good and filling. One serving is 3 pancakes. From Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking cookbook
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I didn't use it)
- 1 egg, lithly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk (I used 1 1/4 cup skim milk and 3/4 cup 2% fat milk with 2 tablespoon vinegar and let it rest 5 minut)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- assorted berries (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with berries if desired.
These really are great pancakes! What I love about them is that you can really taste the goodness of the oatmeal but they are so light and fluffy, not dense and heavy as some oatmeal pancakes can be. I made half of a batch and used whole wheat flour. Enjoyed these very much - thanks for posting! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by gailanng)
I had some trouble with these, the batter was super thin so I had to add 1/2 cup oat bran to thicken the batter up enough. I will try again though, because I think it was my own error.
These are great pancakes! A nice change from regular buttermilk pancakes. Was able to make these gluten free. Thanks for posting this Boomie. Made for 1~2~3 Hits.