Crisp French Toast
This recipe for a low fat French toast was found in the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 12 slices French bread, day-old (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Prehead oven to 425 degrees F & spray a 15"x10" glass baking dish inside with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, milk, OJ, vanilla & nutmeg, mixing well.
- Add bread & soak for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Coat both sides of each slice with cornflake crumbs, then place slices in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn & bake another 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation