Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Mother Inlaw served a Ground Beef Gravy seasoned with salt and pepper on spaghetti. She called it German Spaghetti. I loved it and added my own thing to it. This is a family favorite that I can not make enough of. I have a Gourmet Chef that lived in my home last summer. He wanted to serve this in his Restaurant.
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- 3 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups water or 3 cups canned beef broth (boullion cubes may be used.....one to a cup of water)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Brown beef in large skillet.
- Add spices.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and stir well for about two minutes over medium heat Add water or broth.
- Cook on low heat till thickened (about 15 minutes).
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes.
Very tasty and quickly prepared dish. I made the hamburger gravy and at the same time cooked some elbow macaroni. I drained the elbow macaroni and just stirred the gravy into it. I then served it with mixed vegetables. Delicious!
we enjoyed this very much I added 1/3 cup sour creme it is delicious
I loved this gravy, however I used skim milk instead of water. I also used a lot more milk and flour than the recipe called for, so I have a feeling what I made was not what Bangbang intended, but it was still fabulous.