Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best beef chili in my book. Freezes well.
Make and share this Ground Beef Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (26 ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons browning sauce (optional)
- additional chopped onion (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, cook the beef and next 3 ingredients over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the beans and remaining ingredients,except for additional onions and cheddar cheese.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Ladle into serving bowls; garnish with chopped onion and cheddar cheese, if desired.
We raked and burned leaves all day Saturday. I made this chili the night before. We had worked up quite an appetite and it really hit the spot. Highly seasoned and very delicious. It makes quite a lot so I froze half for us to have later on. The only ingredient I left out was the browning sauce--not real sure what that is, but the flavor wasn't missing anything.
This chili is awesome. Best I have ever had. I had my brothers, sister and all their families over so I had a big crowd to feed. This was perfect. Makes lots. Spicy flavor and I set out bowls of chopped onions and shredded cheese for those who wanted to add that on top. Very yummy.
Superb chili recipe. My family raved about it. I used 3 cans of kidney beans because we like a lot of beans in our chili. The seasoning was spicy and full-flavored. Very hearty and robust. This is a good recipe for cooking for the freezer too. Thanks for posting.