Easy Crock Pot Chili
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs coarse-grind ground beef or 2 1/2 lbs other ground meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- seasoned adobo seasoning or seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ground red pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 14 1⁄2 ounces peeled crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 10 1⁄2 ounces campbell's beef consomme
- Place beef, garlic and onion in a large skillet or dutch oven and brwon it, then drain any excess fat/drippings.
- Place the meat mixture in the crock pot with the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat is tender. Serve with beans if you like. Stir them in towards the end of cooking time so they heat up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org