Who-Knew???? Ground Beef and Chicken Crock Pot Chili
photo by jkbrisson
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, browned and chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown and drain the hamburger meat in a pan.
- Do the same for the chicken.
- Place into crock pot with remaining ingredients, stir well and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6. (I used the high setting due to lack of time).
- Enjoy with cornbread and an ice-cold Newcastle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love my family and friends. I love music. I love creative people. I love to travel. I love to learn. I love food. I love to cook. I love eat and drink. I love to entertain. I love the farmer's market. I love Alice Waters and Ina Garten. I also love Anthony Bourdain. I love Barbara Kingsolver's book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I love Cookbooks. I love fresh ingredients. I love this site.</p>