1/1 Photo of Grandma Caddell's Hot Cakes
This recipe came from my grandmother, who made us hotcakes every Sunday morning. These are very lite and sweet enough to eat without syrup. She made these grapefruit-size. You could also put fruit on these and serve with no syrup as a desert. This is the only recipe our family has ever used. I made them for a friend once, and she liked them, but said they were sweet and tasted more like a crepe. Anyhow, they are quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients in a med. size bowl.
- 2Then add enough milk and stir until smooth.
- 3Add eggs.
- 4Add vanilla.
- 5Stir again.
- 6If needed, add more milk. The batter should be a bit on the thin consistency side.
- 7Let these set for about 5 min, and they will thicken a little.
- 8Drop batter on either a ungreased griddle, or a non stick fry pan on medium heat. The first pancake is always the test to see if your pan is on the right heat. You can make these any size you want, but grapefruit size is the way grandma always made them.
- 9This recipe can also be halved. And, these freeze up great! I freeze them for my family for a quick breakfast, or after school snack.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Caddell's Hot Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 451.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g