Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this recipe off a variation from Easy Banana Muffins by Michelle Baker recipie number 8603 Since GF is a hard thing to do and get good results, I was amazed at how great these tasted...almost like they had the gluten!
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups el peto all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In one bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl combine mashed bananas, egg (beaten) and melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin pan. (minxture will be thick).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
This was my first attempt at making something from scratch that is gluten-free. I did not have the all-purpose flour it called for so I used oat bran. I did not have xanthan gum either. I subbed applesauce in for the melted butter for a little healthier version and I added about 1/4 c (or less) of mini chocolate chips. I was skeptical because the batter was so grainy, but when they cooked the graininess was gone. My kids didn't even notice the difference between the way I normally make them. I would make these again.
Tried this with all-purpose GF flour and no rice flour. Also substituted stevia plus and molasses for the sugar. Texture is ok for GF, but I think I may try some buckwheat flour next time