Gluten Free Banana Muffins With a Bit of Yum
photo by Lisa T.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, melted even
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 bananas, ripened
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey, eyeball this for less mess
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, gluten free
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, such as Trader Joe's Ancient Grain and Seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened or melted butter (I use smart Balance) and sugar.
- Add eggs, fruit and honey; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a a small mixing bowl, then and add to the wet ingredients along with the nut meats. Stir just until moistened.
- Butter muffin pan and evenly distribute to make 12-16 muffind. My pan is mad of deep squares which makes 12 perfectly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until golden brown. You may need to check on them periodically over the last 10 minutes the first time in case your oven cooks differently than mine.
- Move to a wire rack to tempt everyone about the house.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!